Mango float is a popular Filipino dessert loved because of its sweetness and creaminess. This dessert doesn’t float but it will surely make you feel floating because of its deliciousness. It is a sweet dessert that can make you feel refreshed just like fruit salad.
Preparing mango float is so easy that even a kid can do it. I’ve learned this Filipino dessert when I was in elementary. My mom taught me about this great recipe. Until now, even if I’ve already grown up a bit it still serves as one of our family’s favorite desserts.
Here are the list of ingredients that you need:
200 grams Graham crackers
2 cups all-purpose cream
2 cups condensed milk
3 large ripe and sweet mangoes
Follow these simple directions in order to prepare your mango float:
1) Slice the mangoes thinly.
2) Mix well the all-purpose cream and the condensed milk in a bowl.
3) In a square glass pan or any other square container, thinly make a layer of some of the cream and condensed milk mixture.
4) Layer the Graham crackers.
5) On top of the crackers, put a layer of the mixed cream and the mangoes.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you’ve used all the crackers, cream, and mangoes. The top layer should be the filling of cream and mangoes.
After the above tips, you need to put this dessert in a freezer and chill overnight. Serve chilled!
Tip: You can also top your mango float with crushed Graham crackers. Crushed Graham crackers are also available in supermarkets.
* Note: If Graham crackers are not available in your place, you can replace it with chiffon cake. In case mangoes are also not available, you may use sweetened peaches instead. But your dessert will no longer be called a mango float.